Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm home today with a pukey child.  Which means that we are watching non-stop videos.  I just put in one of my favorites from the "Liken" series:  The First Christmas.  I love the music, and I love that they help children imagine the scriptures.  I really love that it's a "kid" movie that I can actually watch without puking myself.  I love that they show a modern day child using scriptures stories to solve his or her modern day problems.  But, what I love most about this particular video is that the angels are multi-cultural and come in a variety of shapes and sizes!

I think that the reason we think of angels and heaven as being white is because their glory is so bright that our mortal eyes can't see the color.  I believe that a God who created such a beautiful world with so much variety and color would live in a world that's full of the same rich variety on a grander and even more beautiful scale.  God loves all of his children and we are all created in His image.

There's absolutely no scriptural support for (or against) my color theory, as far as I know.  But, now you know what I think about when I'm home with a sick kid.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

My mo who paints liked to tell me that heaven has colors we couldn't even imagine.
I always held onto that.

Yvonne said...

I completely agree that it won't be all white. That just doesn't make any sense to me! My thought has always been - this world is amazing, but that it pales in comparison to what's waiting for us.

Dawnette said...

Tonight during Family Home Evening, Dawnlynn colored angels with RED hair. She has red hair, so why shouldn't they?