BREAKFAST BURRITOS (40 burritos)
- 40 med. tortillas, the fresher the better
- 1 lb. hot sausage, cooked & drained
- 1 lb regular sausage, cooked & drained (not brown sugar flavor. Can cook both sausages together. Use the leftover drippings to make gravy for tomorrows breakfast.)
- 24 eggs, scrambled (can cook in oven/turkey roaster*)
- 2 bags O’Brien potatoes, cooked in oven until firm
- 1 1/2 lb. shredded cheese (mix of cheddar & Monterey jack)
- 1 lg. can green enchilada sauce
- 1 box Velveeta type cheese, grated
- 40 Foil wrappers
- Box of gallon zip-lock bags to store the wrapped burritos in (can use tortilla sacks)
Mix sausage, eggs, potatoes, cheeses, and enchilada sauce in a big bowl. All the cooking and mixing can be done a day ahead.
Fill & roll tortillas. Wrap with foil. Freeze. To eat, unwrap from foil, microwave approximately 2 minutes from frozen. The foil can be saved to use again.
*To cook eggs in turkey roaster: spray turkey roaster with non-stick spray. Scramble eggs in a bowl; add 2 C milk, stir. Pour all into turkey roaster at 350. Stir every 1/2 hour until done. Expect it to take about 1 1/2 hours.