Monday, June 20, 2011

Way to go Lego!

For her birthday last year, Grandma & Grandpa took Constance to pick out a present.  Constance chose this Lego set specifically because it has a blond haired girl in it.  The girls like to use the Lego people to play pretend. Constance wanted a girl with blond hair like she has.


Before Constance was even able to bring the set home from Grandma's, her  (then three year old) sister hid the hair!  Of course, being three, she forgot where she hid it.  We thought the hair would eventually show up.  After a year, it still hasn't shown up.  


So, I went to the Lego website to see if I could purchase a replacement.  It wasn't there, and I emailed Lego for help.  Within a day or so, I heard back from Lego:


Dear D,

Thank you for contacting us on 06/02/11 and for your interest in LEGO® brand products.

I'm sorry to hear your LEGO piece needs replacing. We get to play with LEGO sets all day long (the best job in the world?), so I know that sometimes a piece wears out or gets lost or gets taken by a sibling.

That's why I've asked for a replacement piece to be sent out to you. We always try to match the color you want, but sometimes stocks run low, so we might have to send you a different one.

Although we usually ask people to pay for replacement pieces I'm sending this one for free - so now you can get building and have fun!

Your LEGO parts are on their way from our warehouse in Denmark and should be with you in 7 to 10 business days.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Your LEGO Friend,

Amanda
LEGO Direct Consumer Services


Note the purple highlight that I added.  They actually read my note explaining what had happened and customized the email back to me.  :-)  We received the replacement hair (would it be a wig?) last week.  


Thanks LEGO for great customer service!

1 comment:

yvonne said...

lego is awesome. We have emailed about missing pieces and they sent them right to us too. They are great.